It’s not Grand Hop Day anymore
Sunday night I was laying in bed, cuddling Riley while he fell asleep, when I got a text from a number I didnt know. Legba had been arrested by the White House.
I spent this last weekend how I’ve spent most of the last 3 years, in my little family bubble watching the world blow up around us, not knowing how to help. Frantically checking my phone for every update, worried about my friends in the streets, and not able to do anything except hold my baby.
It’s hard to not be in the streets right now, or organizing support work, or doing anything at all.
Last week I started a blog post about the beginning of summer, but that seems so distant now. The world has changed so dramatically so many times in the past 3 months, and I don’t think it’s done yet. For a while we (along with everyone else) were feeling like we were living in Groundhog Day, but that’s over. Riley kept joyously saying “it’s grand hop day!” Sometimes it was even “Purple Grand Hop Day.”
Today I’m going to go vote for Janeese (my mail-in ballot never came), and try to make a banner with Riley to put up in front of the house. Seems like the least we can do is put up a big Black Lives Matter banner on North Capitol.
I spent this last weekend how I’ve spent most of the last 3 years, in my little family bubble watching the world blow up around us, not knowing how to help. Frantically checking my phone for every update, worried about my friends in the streets, and not able to do anything except hold my baby.
It’s hard to not be in the streets right now, or organizing support work, or doing anything at all.
Last week I started a blog post about the beginning of summer, but that seems so distant now. The world has changed so dramatically so many times in the past 3 months, and I don’t think it’s done yet. For a while we (along with everyone else) were feeling like we were living in Groundhog Day, but that’s over. Riley kept joyously saying “it’s grand hop day!” Sometimes it was even “Purple Grand Hop Day.”
Today I’m going to go vote for Janeese (my mail-in ballot never came), and try to make a banner with Riley to put up in front of the house. Seems like the least we can do is put up a big Black Lives Matter banner on North Capitol.
Comments
Post a Comment