and now, something a little more possi

The thing is, when you're working in a pandemic, you get to work with the best people. Because everyone you're working with is rising to the occasion.

I feel like that as we try to get the Events DC money out the door. Everyone in this project is a service provider who just really wants the money to get to undocumented people, they're talking thru how to make it the most easy, figuring out how to say yes to something totally new, and honestly, very unformed.

The woman I drop the milk off to is the best, she's working with 20 moms in a moms group in her building and nearby and trying to keep them all fed and in their homes.

When I was buying the milk the first time in bulk someone asked me if I was the person giving out food in my yard (yes), he offered to help buy the milk, which I declined. He's the best.

My staff is the best. One coworker and her mom made 500 cloth masks this weekend. One is a weekly food hub for the mutual aid network.

All these folks I'm getting to work with or getting to learn new sides of makes me feel the compassion that people have in thousands of different places across the city right now and every day.

We're all so starved for the little bits of positive feedback from community. Real smiles, hugs, breaking bread, holding the door. When it radiates thru our mediated lives, it feels really good.

Other little rays of light: my staff member saying "that was a good check in" at the end of our weekly check in.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

appreciations

Connection/Isolation

Routines and Leave