Things I did today
In no particular order:
decided the couch cushions were gross, washed them.
sandpapered boards for my attic project outside while unsuccessfully starting a fire using the damp brush I had assembled yesterday before it rained.
talked to my elderly neighbor about the stuff she wants to get rid of in her apartment, and how I would help her but not soon; laughed loudly, elbow bumped.
wondered if in two weeks we all will want desperately to talk to each other, but won't have anything new to say.
slept till 11:00.
hand wrote signs and taped them around my neighborhood about where school meal pick-ups are happening; decided that was inefficient, went to my office and printed copies.
tried to pick up my medication; was impeded by a mysterious error on the CVS computer which would not allow the pharmacist to sell it to me, must return tomorrow (insert "darn it" finger snap).
bought Irish Spring, because apparently it's not a joke, and people really aren't buying it.
but there was a moisture kind, and I want that.
watched out my window to see if anyone was taking the emergency food I put out or if I should donate it somewhere else; saw no one, but by evening most was gone.
hung various things on the clothesline and wondered for the 100th time if it really makes sense to do that around sunset.
watched the sunset.
remembered that I have definitely spent many a Sunday not leaving my house or seeing anyone, and so it doesn't need to feel weird.
feeling weird.
decided the couch cushions were gross, washed them.
sandpapered boards for my attic project outside while unsuccessfully starting a fire using the damp brush I had assembled yesterday before it rained.
talked to my elderly neighbor about the stuff she wants to get rid of in her apartment, and how I would help her but not soon; laughed loudly, elbow bumped.
wondered if in two weeks we all will want desperately to talk to each other, but won't have anything new to say.
slept till 11:00.
hand wrote signs and taped them around my neighborhood about where school meal pick-ups are happening; decided that was inefficient, went to my office and printed copies.
tried to pick up my medication; was impeded by a mysterious error on the CVS computer which would not allow the pharmacist to sell it to me, must return tomorrow (insert "darn it" finger snap).
bought Irish Spring, because apparently it's not a joke, and people really aren't buying it.
but there was a moisture kind, and I want that.
watched out my window to see if anyone was taking the emergency food I put out or if I should donate it somewhere else; saw no one, but by evening most was gone.
hung various things on the clothesline and wondered for the 100th time if it really makes sense to do that around sunset.
watched the sunset.
remembered that I have definitely spent many a Sunday not leaving my house or seeing anyone, and so it doesn't need to feel weird.
feeling weird.
Comments
Post a Comment